Pages

Wednesday 29 September 2021

The Gillies cup

 Gillies Cup

Last week we had something called the Gillies Cup. It  was so fun. My team and I played at Mangapapa School in soccer. The goals were so small , but it's probably because I am used to big goals. When I looked at the other team the goalie stood out. He was so tall! We had are team talk under the tree because it was raining. After are talk the game started. I was subbed first and was warming up on the side lines. Beep! The whistle blew we finally started Jaxon ran up with the ball at his feet like a cheetah dribbling with the ball. Boom! It hit the back of the net. It was currently 1-0. 

The other team started off with the ball. They passed backwards to the center mid. The center mid dribbled up and past our center mid. Mangapapa dribbled past me and scored. After that we scored too then it was the second half. We ran to our coaches and sorted out our positions. Finally the second half started. I was in center back witch in the middle of the defenders. 

My team passed back to me and I booted it all the way up past half way. Jaxon got the ball and took a shot and missed but then Neko finished the job. My team took the ball off the other team and crossed it. Boom! We scored again. Me and my team new we were going to beat them by now. It was five minest till the end and then we scored again. The final whistle blew I collapsed to the ground. I landed in a puddle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about