Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Kapa Haka

Kapa Haka


 A couple of days ago we had something called kapa haka. Kapa haka is a range of different dances, our kapa haka Bracket is very cool... Click Here to see it. 

In the morning when I came to school I arrived and was a bit surprised when I saw everyone with their mokos on.  

So I put my bag and ran to get a good spot in the line. When I felt the cold wet black paint sitely touch my face I realized I had to get my second have of my moko on. Ring! The bell rang I sat down on the mat waiting for our teacher.  At last our teachers came. They told the boys that we had to take our t- shirts off. We lined up and walked into the hall.


Next we got into our Kapa Haka lines and started practicing a bit. Kia mo. Boom! The cameras were rolling. The first song was a song called Utaina, then ka waiata, E rona, ka panana and then the Haka! I was excited the boys marched forward and started doing the haka.

After that was Toia mai are last song when we finished singing Toia mai Caanen took his head phones off and we heard a huge clap from the teachers

So that was our amazing Kapa Haka Bracket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about